Before we start working with participants/patients there is some required training:
Go to UAccess, then Learning (rather than Student) and then the icon for My Learning and then find the HIPAA training link.
1) If the student has never used My Learning before, then the menu (including the HIPAA training module)
will not show up until 24 hours after they register on the site.
2) aim to do training on campus using campus computers (you need VPN to access training from home)
Get HIPAA trained and email a copy of certificate to Dr. Kielar.
You may need to be on campus to do this and log on to uacess.arizona.edu
You have to wait 24 hours to after signing up to do be able to access the training!
1. To complete training, go to the Content section and click on the HIPAA video link. This is a ~40 minute video
you need to view. The department Clinic Policies and Protocols policy and a copy of the slides used in
the presentation are also located under content.
It may be helpful to download these materials for reference to complete the quiz.
2. When you have finished viewing the video, click on quizzes and complete the Acknowledgement forms.
3. Once you complete the Acknowledgement forms the HIPAA quiz will be available. You may retake the quiz as many times as you need to obtain a passing score of 80% (16/20 questions correct).
4. When you pass the quiz, a certificate of completion will appear on the screen. Please print this page as proof that you have completed HIPAA training for the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
5. Turn it in to Dr. Kielar!
Let us know if you have trouble.
This is completed at: https://about.citiprogram.org/en/homepage/
Send certificate of completion to Dr. Kielar
Conflict Of Interests Program: COI
Link to Training and Disclosure System for University of Arizona employees and Affiliates: https://rgw.arizona.edu/compliance/conflict-interest-program
1. Net Application Refresher Video
2. Head Measurement
3. 128-Channel Net Application
4. Net Removal Video
5. Net Disinfection Video
MRI Safety Training and CPR
If you work at the MR4 Human Research MRI scanner, you are required to go through safety training and to maintain HeartSaver CPR certification.
You must have safety training from this university at least once. We also recommend that if you have not scanned in 3 years, even though you completed the safety training once at this university, that you go through safety training again. You do NOT need to take safety training every year. Safety training takes about 2 hours
Neuroimaging Group website: https://sites.google.com/a/email.arizona.edu/bmw/safety-training-and-cpr
Training Materials: Training material are accessed through a special D2L site. You will need permission to access the course site. After you complete the on-line training you will undergo short training at the MRI facility with the MRI technician. Inform Dr. Kielar when you complete the training.
Tasks: The tasks you will be working on will be research related and they may involve:
- Literature search
- Entering data into the SPSS
- Helping with set-up of the experiments
- Recruiting participants
- Help with data collection
Some weeks may require more work, while other times there may be less work to complete.
We can work together to adjust your hours as required and as your schedule changes.
Because we work with patients, we ask that you present a professional appearance and attitude.
Because of HIPPA privacy regulations, we are not allowed to take patient files or data outside of the lab.
We don't discuss cases with individuals outside of the lab
If you are ill or unable to come to the lab at the scheduled time please let me and Sara know so that we can plan accordingly
If you are unsure about anything please let us know.
Neuroimaging Group website